jueves, 20 de noviembre de 2008

SMS WSUS Synchronization failed.

Error de sincronización en System Center, su EventID es 6703. Este error se puede dar cuando un site que manejemos dependa de otro site padre.
El WSUS no sincroniza contra su site primario ni contra sus clientes.
Provoca la desactualización de los clientes y de toda la red.
Debemos solucionarlo reinstalando el WSUS, en mi caso el 3.1 con SP1.link.
Pasos a seguir:
  • Desinstalar el Wsus sp1 dejando toda la data y base de dtaos como están.
  • Reiniciar el server.
  • Remover el SUP(Software Update Point), que es uno de los roles del server. Lo borramos desde la consola entrando a Site DAtabase/Site Management/sitecode(nombre de nuestro site)/site settings/Site Systems/Server(nombre de nuestro server principal).
  • Reiniciar el server.
  • Reinstalar el WSUS 3.1 con sp1 reutilizando la misma base de datos y creando nuevamente el site en el IIS.
  • Reiniciar el server.
  • Agregamos nuevamente el rol
  • Nos aseguramos que este el site en el IIS para el WSUS
  • Reiniciamos el server nuevamente.
  • Otra vez nos aseguramos de que esté el site en el IIS.
  • Confirmamos la resincronización contra el site principal
Doy mil gracias a George Morell, él es mi mentor en todo este asunto de System Center.
I give a thousand thanks to George Morell, he is my mentor in this whole affair System Center.

In English:
Synchronization error in System Center, its EventID is 6703. This error can occur when a site that handle depends on some other site father.
The WSUS does not synch against its primary site or their clients.
Causing the downgrade of customers and the entire network.
We need to fix it by reinstalling the WSUS, in my case, the 3.1 with SP1.link.
Steps to follow:

  • Remove the WSUS SP1 leaving the entire data base and data base as they are.
  • Restart the server.
  • Remove the SUP (Software Update Point), which is one of the roles of the server. Erase it from entering the console Site Database / Site Management / sitecode (name of our site) / site settings / Site Systems / Server (name of our main server).
  • Restart the server.
  • Reinstall the WSUS 3.1 with sp1 reusing the same database and re-creating the site in IIS.
  • Restart the server.
  • We added the role again
  • We ensure that the site in IIS for WSUS
  • Reboot the server again.
  • Again we make sure that the site is in the IIS.
  • We confirm the resynchronization against the main site
I give a thousand thanks to George Morell, he is my mentor in this whole affair System Center.